Our Family Christmas Cookies
How to Make Our Family Christmas Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix shortening, sugar, egg, honey, lemon flavoring until smooth.
- Sift flour,baking soda and salt together.
- Add mixture and mix well.
- Place in refregiator to chill dough for an hour.
- Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick on floured service.
- Cut into desired shapes by dipping cutter into flour before placing on dough.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until when touch slightly with finger no imprint remains.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack. Mix ingredients for icing in a bowl. Might need to add more sugar or milk to spread evenly. Decorate with white icing or add food coloring as desired.
- Add sprinkles or designs as desired.
- Makes five dozen.