Our Family Christmas Cookies
How to Make Our Family Christmas Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 375
- 2Mix shortening, sugar, egg, honey, lemon flavoring until smooth.
- 3Sift flour,baking soda and salt together.
- 4Add mixture and mix well.
- 5Place in refregiator to chill dough for an hour.
- 6Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick on floured service.
- 7Cut into desired shapes by dipping cutter into flour before placing on dough.
- 8Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until when touch slightly with finger no imprint remains.
- 9Remove from pan and cool on rack. Mix ingredients for icing in a bowl. Might need to add more sugar or milk to spread evenly. Decorate with white icing or add food coloring as desired.
- 10Add sprinkles or designs as desired.
- 11Makes five dozen.