(Hungry for more? Check out my blog, schnoodlesoup.com, for recipes, humor and a ridiculously cute dog!)
2 1/4 call-purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking soda
·pinch of salt
1 cbutter, softened
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar (packed)
1/2 tsppure orange extract
·zest of 2 medium oranges (~ 1 tbsp)
How to Make Orange "Zookies"
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in the stand of an electric mixer or beat by hand. Once creamy, beat in egg and extracts.
- Working in batches, add the flour mixture to wet mixture, scraping down sides of bowl if needed. Once all the flour has been fully incorporated, fold in orange zest.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cookies are just barely done (they are best slightly underbaked).