Orange Snowballs - Dee Dee's
This is one of my favorite Christmas Cookies!
1 boxvanilla wafers, crushed
1 stickbutter, melted
1 smallcan (6-ounce) frozen orange juice, concentrate, thawed
1 box(1-lb box) confectioners' sugar (powdered)
1 cpecans chopped
1 cfinely shredded sweetened coconut
1 cconfectioners' sugar (powdered)
1 1/2 Tbsporange juice
How to Make Orange Snowballs - Dee Dee's
- In a large bowl, mix together the wafer crumbs, melted butter, powdered sugar, orange juice concentrate, and chopped nuts. Stir until the mixture is well-combined. If it is too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
- Using a teaspoon, roll the candy into small balls between your palms and place them on a baking sheet covered with foil.
- In a small bowl, blend together the 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1 1/2 Tbsp orange juice with a handheld electric mixer. It should be fluid but not too runny; adjust the amount of sugar or juice as necessary to get a good dipping consistency.
- Dip a ball in the sugar-juice mixture until it is well-coated, then roll it in the shredded coconut. Replace the ball on the baking sheet and repeat with remaining cookie/candy.
- Refrigerate the balls to set them, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- NOTE: To crush the wafers, you can either use a blender or food processor, or place them in a large Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Be sure that the cookies are in small crumbs, not large chunks.