Orange Marmalade Monkey Tails - Dee Dee's
Diane Hopson Smith
They turned out delish! A light crispy edge and a wonderful soft chewy cookie. And the orange flavor, Yum! I think these will be a wonderful addition to my Christmas Cookie collection.
My JAP friends helped me name this cookie. Thanks ya'll!
Hope you enjoy!
1/2 cbutter, room temperature
1 tspalmond extract, or vanilla (i used almond in this recipe)
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
·orange marmalade filling
ORANGE MARMALADE FILLING INGREDIENTS:
1/2 corange marmalade
1/2 cflaked coconut, (i used tropic isle fresh frozen coconut)
1/4 cwalnuts, finely chopped
1/2 cwalnuts, finely chopped to coat cookie roll, optional
How to Make Orange Marmalade Monkey Tails - Dee Dee's
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, beating well on a medium speed of an electric mixer. Add egg and flavoring; beat well.
- While dough is chilling, prepare filling: Combine marmalade, coconut and walnuts; mix well. Store in refrigerator unitl ready to use.
- On floured wax paper, roll chilled dough to a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread filling evenly to within 1/2-inch of the edge of the dough. Carefully roll dough, jellyroll fashion, starting at the long end and peeling wax paper from dough as you roll it. Pinch side seam to seal, leave ends open. Sprinkle 1/2 cups of finely chopped walnuts on wax paper, roll log in walnuts to coat log. Wrap dough in plastic and chill for 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to slice.
- Unwrap roll, and slice 1/4-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.(I used parchment paper in stead of greasing cookie sheet). Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or just until cookies begin to slighly brown aroun the edges. Cool on a wire rack. (using parchment paper, I was able to slice the whole sheet onto the wire rack and cooled the cookies on the parchment paper).
- NOTE: Ovens vary, so watch closely. It took 11 minutes in my oven.