Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 3 tablespoons orange zest (about 3 oranges, depending on sze)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
How to Make Orange Creamsicle Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 2In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla and orange extract until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and chocolate chips.
- 3Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overbake!
- 4Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely.