Orange Coconut Sugar Cookies
1/2 cbutter flavor shortening *
1 tspgrated orange rind
1/4 corange juice ; freshly squeezed *
1 cshredded coconut *
2 csifted flour
2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Orange Coconut Sugar Cookies
- Stir together shortening , butter , sugar , egg , orange rind , orange juice ; Beat until smooth ; add the coconut.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and gradually add to the coconut mixture.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake @ 375° for 10-12 minutes or until firm to the touch and lightly browned.
- * NOTE : if you don't want the orange flavor you can substitute 1 teas. vanilla for the rind and 1/4 cup milk for the orange juice.
- * NOTE : If you don't have buttered flavored shortening , you can use regular shortening with part soft butter.