Orange Coconut Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 c
- butter flavor shortening *
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
- grated orange rind
- 1/4 c
- orange juice ; freshly squeezed *
- 1 c
- shredded coconut *
- 2 c
- sifted flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Orange Coconut Sugar Cookies
- 1Stir together shortening , butter , sugar , egg , orange rind , orange juice ; Beat until smooth ; add the coconut.
- 2Sift all the dry ingredients together and gradually add to the coconut mixture.
- 3Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- 4Bake @ 375° for 10-12 minutes or until firm to the touch and lightly browned.
- 5* NOTE : if you don't want the orange flavor you can substitute 1 teas. vanilla for the rind and 1/4 cup milk for the orange juice.
- 6* NOTE : If you don't have buttered flavored shortening , you can use regular shortening with part soft butter.