Orange Cardamom Cookies
1/2 cplus one tablespoon butter
1 1/4 tspcardamon, ground
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspvanilla extract
1 tsporange rind, or rind from 1/2 orange
1 cfirmly packed brown sugar
2 cflour sifted
1 tspcrea of tartar
·pinch of salt
How to Make Orange Cardamom Cookies
- Beat butter in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
add cardamom, soda, and pinch of salt and mix well.
- gradually add the vanilla, orange rind and brown sugar.
beat until smooth
- Add egg and beat until well combined.
fold in combined sifted flour and cream of tartar. Mix to form a soft dough
- Roll mixture into a walnut sized balls and place on a greased cookie sheet, lightly flatten each ball
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes cool on a wire rack
- You can leave these plain or dust with powdered sugar. I frosted mine with 1 cup of powdered sugar that I mixed 1 tablespoon of Chai flavored sugar and just enough cream to make icing consistency.