Ooey Gooey Rocky Road Cookies
No flour in this either..
The original recipe was on a food blog called fifteen spatulas
- 3 c
- powdered sugar
- 2/3 c
- cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 large
- egg whites (extra large)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 oz
- chopped or slivered toasted almonds there are 4 ounces in a cup of slivered almonds so i used almost 3/4. (see below how to toast)
- 1 c
- mini marshmallows
How to Make Ooey Gooey Rocky Road Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2To toast almonds, heat oven to 350 and place almonds on foil lined baking sheet and bake until golden, about 10 minutes
- 3line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray
- 4In a large bowl sift powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in salt.
- 5Add egg whites and vanilla and whisk until combined and batter is smooth.
- 6Stir in chocolate chips and almonds.
- 7Using a medium size cookie scoop (1/2 Tablespoon size), portion out 12 cookies on each baking sheet.
- 8Place 4-5 marshmallows on top of each cookie. You might be wondering why we don’t just mix the marshmallows into the batter, and the reason is they sort of melt and disappear that way.
- 9Place the baking sheets in the freezer for 5 minutes (or fridge for 10-15 minutes) to chill cookies to prevent them from spreading too much in the oven.
- 10Bake cookies for 12-13 minutes.
- 11Allow to cool on the baking sheets for at least 5 minutes and then transfer cookies to wire rack to finish cooling.