1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cbutter, softened ( 1 stick)
1 tspvanilla extract
·sugar, sprinles or candy decorations. (optional)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies (Publix Bag of Sugar)
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing well.
- Combine sugar and butter in large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, until well mixed.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Chill 2 hours until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape chilled dough into two (6 X 1 1/2 - inch) rolls.
Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar or decoration, if using.
- Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 4 dozen.