- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened ( 1 stick)
- egg (large)
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- sugar, sprinles or candy decorations. (optional)
How to Make Old-Fashioned Sugar Cookies (Publix Bag of Sugar)
- 1Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing well.
- 2Combine sugar and butter in large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, until well mixed.
- 3Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- 4Add flour mixture; mix well.
- 5Chill 2 hours until firm.
- 6Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 7Shape chilled dough into two (6 X 1 1/2 - inch) rolls.
Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- 8Sprinkle lightly with sugar or decoration, if using.
- 9Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 4 dozen.