Old-fashion oatmeal and raisins cookies
I first got this recipe off of a recipe card club from Betty Crocker over 35 years ago .
1 1/2 csugar
2 1/2 cflour*
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspcloves (i never use it)
2 coatmeal, uncooked
1/2 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Old-fashion oatmeal and raisins cookies
- Simmer raisins and water in a small sauce pan over medium heat until the raisins are plump.
- Drain raisins ; reserving liquid . Add enough water to measure 1/2 cup.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°
- Mix thoroughly shortening , sugar , eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the reserved liquid.
- Blend in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2" apart on a un-greased baking sheet. I like bigger cookies so I use a medium ice cream scooper , it makes perfectly rounded cookies.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until brown.
- * if using self rising flour , omit soda , salt and baking powder.