Oh Joy Bars
Janice (Jan) Barlow
Also, I LOVE coconut, so I was a bit "heavy handed" with it, probably using closer to 1 1/4-1 1/2 cup.
For nuts I used walnuts because that's what I had on hand, and again, used a bit more than called for.
Adding more of the ingredients didn't affect the end results! Just made them yummier!
How to Make Oh Joy Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 13x9" pan
- 2Prepare brownie mix as directed. Pour 1/2 of the batter into greased pan, reserving rest
- 3Filling: Mix coconut, condensed milk, flour, 1 egg and nuts. Spread over brownie layer in pan
- 4Spread remaining prepared brownie batter on top of the filling.
- 5Bake 35-40 minutes or until firm in the center. Then cool and enjoy!