★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cbrown sugar
3/4 cbutter or shortening
1 tspbaking powder
3 Tbspboiling water
1 tspbaking soda
2 1/2 cflour
How to Make Oatmeal Whoopie Pies
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs: then add salt, cinnamon and baking powder.Add soda dissolved in hot water. Gradually add flour and oatmeal.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet.Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until brown.
- Filling: 1 egg white,beaten
2 Tablespoon(s) milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup confectioners sugar. Beat well.
Add 1 more cup confectioners sugar and 3/4 cup shortening.Beat well.
- Spread dab of filling on flat side of cooled cookie. Top with another cookie to form a sandwich pie.