Oatmeal Spice Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cpacked brown sugar
3/4 cvegetable shortening
1 tspvanilla extract
3 cold fashioned oatmeal
1 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tspground nutmeg
How to Make Oatmeal Spice Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet, or line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat sugars, shortening, water, egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, if desired.
- Add to shortening mixture; mix well. Stir in raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let stand 1 minute before removing to racks to cool. Makes 6 dozen.