Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
3/4 cwhite sugar
3/4 cbrown sugar
1 tspreal vanilla
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cunsweetened applesauce
2 cquick cooking oats
How to Make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Preheat oven: 350 degrees.
This recipe is prepared by hand, no mixers.
- In a small saucepan simmer raisins in water until plump. about 10 to 15 minutes.
- While that’s simmering, mix together shortening and both sugars until blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend using a wooden spoon.
- Add your dry ingredients then your oats.
- Drain off most of your water from the simmered raisins. Add the HOT raisins and applesauce to the mix. (If you don't have any applesauce I have used the water from the raisins, just make sure you have 1/2 cup, if not add to it.)
- Drop spoonfuls on to your cookie sheets and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Depends on your oven and on the times.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack. After cooled you can frost them with butter cream frosting or a simple glaze.
- **** My glaze: powdered sugar, milk, and a drop of STRONG instant coffee.****
- Optional: you can add nuts to this! YUMBO!