Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
2 1/4 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 cbutter, unsalted
1 1/2 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
2 largeeggs, room temp
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
1 1/4 crolled oats
1 1/2 craisins
1/2 cfinely chopped taosted almonds(see note)
How to Make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and the salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and the sugar until smooth, about 3 min. Add the eggs one at a time, the vanilla extract and the almond extract and mix well.
- Add the oats and the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Mix in the raisins and almonds.Chill the mixture for 30 mins in the refrigerator before proceeding.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving several inches between for expansion.
- Bake for 15-18 mins or until lightly golden brown.
Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 min, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
- NOTE: To toast almonds, place on a baking sheet in a 325 degree oven for approx. 10-15 min or until lightly browned.