Oatmeal Mincemeat Cookies
If I remember correctly, she used "None Such" brand. Modern mincemeat does not usually have any meat in it, but it is a flavor you either love.... or not.
This one is for all those mincemeat lovers out there!! It really is rather like an oatmeal raisin cookie, only different.
I admit, I'm not a fan of mincemeat, but I love oatmeal cookies so here is the recipe, anyway!!
How to Make Oatmeal Mincemeat Cookies
- Sift the flour, soda, and salt (set aside)
- Cream the butter, gradually add the sugar, beat until fluffy
- Beat in the egg, stir in the mincemeat
- Gradually add the flour mixture, blending well
- Stir in the oats
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (they spread)
- Bake until lightly browned, 350 F, 15 minutes