Oatmeal Macaroons Cookies
How to Make Oatmeal Macaroons Cookies
- Mix the shortening, sugars, vanilla, and eggs thoroughly.
- Sift together the flour, soda, and salt, then add to first mixture.
- Fold in oats and nuts. They should be thoroughly moistened.*The mixture will be very stiff.
- Form balls using a teaspoon and put on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes at 350.
- *You can substitute coconut for the pecans if you wish. *You can also brush the tops with edible gold if you're having a party and want to impress your guests. LOL!