Oatmeal Lace Cookies1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1.5 crolled oats
1/2 call purpose flour
3/4 cdark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 can(s)heavy cream
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cdried currants
How to Make Oatmeal Lace Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Melt the butter in a small, heavy saucepan over very low heat.
- In a small bowl beat the egg together with the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Stir in currants if using.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the oat-flour mixture and combine well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving at least 3" between each cookie.
- These will thin and spread out.
- Bake 5-6 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheets for several minutes, until cookies hold their shape.
- With a spatula, carefully remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container--makes about 4 dozen.
- The currants may be soaked in 2 tablespoons of brandy as an option.