Oatmeal Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Extra chocolate = extra yum! The healthy amount of chocolate in this recipe is a real delight. If you can, splurge on high-quality chocolate for this one. You'll be glad you did! The Test Kitchen
1/2 lb(2 sticks) of butter
1 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspcinnamon, ground
1/2 tspsalt (optional)
3 cquaker oats (old fashioned-uncooked)
2 pkgmilk chocolate chips (12 oz. pkgs.)
How to Make Oatmeal Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Heat oven to 350.
- Beat together butter and sugar(s) until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1-3 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Makes about 4 dozen.