Blue Ribbon Recipe
These are not your run-of-the-mill oatmeal cookies. These cookies have a great flavor and I absolutely love the crispiness. These would be great with some vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup. Yum! The Test Kitchen
1 cButter Softened
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 cGranulated sugar
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
3 cRolled Oats
1/2 cWalnuts - optional
How to Make Oatmeal Crisps
- Cream Butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- Add flour mix to butter mix slowly.
- Chill dough thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take out of fridge and using a 1/2 inch to 1 inch melon baller, place your dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Place on rack to cool, then eat.