1 cshortening (crisco)
1 cbutter or margarine (room temp. softened)
2 cpacked brown sugar
2 cgranulated sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
3 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
6 coatmeal, uncooked
How to Make Oatmeal Crispies
- Thoroughly cream together shortening and butter
- add the sugars, eggs and vanilla and mix well
- mix the flour, salt and baking soda together then add to the wet ingredients, mix together well.
- add the oatmeal. At this point the batter will be really thick and the best way to do this is with your hands. A little messy maybe but worth it.
- when everything is mixed good you can add chocolate chips or raisens and or your favorite nuts, there is no measurement for this, whatever and however much you might be in the mood for and remember your still using your hands to mix it in.