Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Cookies
1 cbutter flavor shortening
1 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
1 cwhite sugar
2 tspreal vanilla extract
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
3 cquick cooking oats
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cpeanuts, salted and without skins
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars till light and fluffy (around 7 minutes)
- Add eggs, vanilla extract and water. Beat well
- Combine flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well (about 2 minutes)
- Add oats and mix well
- Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts (you can chop them if you like)
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each (I usually get a dozen on a standard sized sheet). Flatten with a dampened fork.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes, rotating the pan @ the 8 minute mark, or till golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Cool for a couple of minutes and then remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.