Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart
It's like an oatmeal cookie pie/tart! If you're pressed for time, this can be made in a 9-inch store bought graham cracker pie crust. This recipe makes 1 large 9-inch tart.
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
1 1/3 cgraham cracker crumbs
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
5 Tbspbutter, melted
1 clight corn syrup
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3 Tbspmelted butter
3/4 cquick cooking oats
3/4 cchocolate chips
1 Tbspall purpose flour
How to Make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Tart
- TO MAKE TART SHELL (crust): mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar until completely blended.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the crumb mixture until evenly moistened.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the bottom and sides of a well buttered 9-inch tart pan, about 1/4 inch thick. Make absolutely sure that the mixture is an even thickness.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Let cool.
- TO MAKE FILLING + TART MAKEUP: Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, stir in the corn syrup, brown sugar and butter. Add teh oats, chocolate chips, flour, cinnamon, and salt and mix well. STIR, do not whip, as this will add too much air into the mixture.
- Pour the filling into the prepared and cooled crust. Place the tart on a sheet pan and bake until the filling (custard) is set.
- Place on a wire rack and cool completely. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.