They are thick, crumbly soft texture, and the caramel and oatmeal make a perfect pair!
I like them best, right out of the fridge!
- 1 1/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 c
- quick cooking oats
- 2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 jar(s)
- caramel ice cream topping (12.25 oz)
- 4 Tbsp
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts or pecans
How to Make Oatmeal Carmelitas
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a glass 13x9 pan with spray Crisco. In a large bowl,
beat the base ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Reserve
half of the crumb mixture (about 3 cups) for the topping. Press remaining crumb
mixture in the bottom of the pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the carmel topping and 4 T of flour. Set aside.
- 3After removing the base from the oven, sprinkle the chocolate chips and nuts over the partially baked base. Drizzle evenly with the caramel mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- 4Cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack about an hour. Refrigerate 2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into bars. Store in tightly covered container.