★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cquick cooking oats
3/4 cbrown sugar
3/4 cbutter, softened
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cnuts, chopped (optional)
3/4 ccaramel ice cream topping
3 Tbspflour (to mix with caramel topping)
How to Make Oatmeal Carmelita Bars
- Soften butter in microwave, then add capful of vanilla. Stir and set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add butter to this and mix to form a crumb mixture. Divide in 1/2.
- Press 1/2 mixture in bottom of 8" x 8" pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and layer the chocolate chips, then the nuts, and pour the caramel/flour mix on top.
- Take the other 1/2 of the flour, oat, sugar mix and crumble it over the top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove and let cool.
- Place in refrigerator to completely cool, before cutting.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator for best results.