Nuts and No Nuts - Choc. & White Choc. Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2 cpacked all purpose flour
2/3 cgranulated sugar
2/3 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1 1/4 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cvanilla or white chocolate chips
1 cchopped walnuts
1 /12 tspbaking soda
How to Make Nuts and No Nuts - Choc. & White Choc. Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Prep cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixer (or with a hand mixer), mix together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- When butter mix is fluffy, sift in the flour mixture and mix completely.
- Add in both chocolate and white chips and blend.
If desired, add in the nuts.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on the cookie sheets.
I keep my hands moist while rolling, it keeps the batter from sticking and makes the cookies come out prettier.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden.
My oven is old, so half-way through baking, I will rotate the cookie sheets and switch the racks they are on in the oven. I cook two sheets at a time.
- When they are finished cooking, let them cool a little on the cookie sheets, filling your home with an incredible aroma, and then transfer to cooling racks.
The cookies should be thick, soft and delicious.