Nutella Cream Cheese Cookies
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, softened plus 2 more tablespoons, melted.
- 8 oz
- package of cream cheese
- 1 c
- granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c
- semi sweet chocolate melted for drizzling (optional)
- chopped hazelnuts to top drizzle (optional)
How to Make Nutella Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream together the 1 cup of butter, cream cheese, and 1 cup sugar until smooth, light, and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Gradually add the flour to the creamed mixture and mix well. Divide the dough into two portions; cover and refrigerate until the dough is firm and easy to handle. An hour should be good enough.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove one portion of dough from the refrigerator. On a floured surface, roll out one portion of dough until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Using a circle cookie cutter that is approximately 3 inches in diameter, cut circles out of the dough and place them on an ungreased parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat this with the rest of the dough.
- 3Place approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of Nutella on the center of each circle. Fold each circle in half so that the edges meet and lightly press the edges to seal. With a fork, seal the edges more securely. Lightly brush melted butter on the tops and sprinkle with sugar.
- 4Bake the cookies for 10 – 12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Leave the cookies on the cookie sheet for 2 – 3 minutes before removing them to wire racks to cool.
- 5Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with chopped hazelnuts. (optional)