Nut Crescent Cookies
How to Make Nut Crescent Cookies
- Cut margarine into flour until crumbly (like making pie dough)
- Beat egg yolks and sour cream together and add to flour mixture. Mix well. Will be sticky.
- Divide dough into 6 or 7 parts. Wrap in plastic wrap and flatten then refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Combine finely ground walnuts with 2 cups sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer beat egg whites until light and fluffy.
- Take one package of dough out of refrigerator at a time. Roll each dough into about a 12 inch circle.
- Brush with beaten egg whites. Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup nut mixture. Sprinkle additional cinnamon on top.
- Using a pizza cutter cut into 12 or more wedges (triangle) Roll each wedge starting at large end into a crescent.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper). Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes until golden brown.