Not Your Average Chocolate Chip Cookie
**note** the dough gets refrigerated overnight, so plan ahead! Happy baking!
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cinnamon
1/2 c(1 stick) butter, softened
1 1/3 csugar
1 cbrown sugar
3 tspvanilla extract
1 tsplemon juice
5 cchocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a mixture of both)
How to Make Not Your Average Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Mix dry ingredients (first 5 listed) together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together shortening, butter, and both sugars until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and lemon juice and beat well.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients, beating on low until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using 1/4 C measuring cup, or an ice cream scoop, place cookies about 2 inches apart on lined baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until cookies begin to turn golden on the top and around the edges.
- Cool on pan for 2 minutes before transfering to a wire rack to cool completely.