★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- 1 stick, unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- plus 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/3 c
- plus 2 tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar
- large whole egg, and 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- milk chocolate chips
How to Make NOT just another chocolate chip cookie recipe
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Place oven racks at middle and top positions.
Melt 1 stick unsalted butter in microwave for 15-20 seconds in small microwave safe bowl. Set aside to let just cool, but not to re-solidify.
In a medium deep-ish bowl, add together the 2 cups All purpose flour, the 1/2 tsp baking soda, and the 1 tsp salt.
To sift the dry ingredients, While in that medium deep-ish bowl, mix all dry ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute until all those lumpies are gone, and there you have it, kathy's sifting made easy!
(Hey, Any step that makes it easier is completely for me :) set this mix aside.
ok let's continue....shall we?
Next, In a large bowl, Mixing on low speed,
beat together the melted 1 stick of butter, and both the 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar, and the 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp firmly packed light brown sugar and blend until thoroughly blended (about 1-2 minutes)
Next, mix in the 1 whole egg, the 1 egg yolk, and the 2 1/2 tsps pure vanilla extract, and blend until creamy.
Next add the "easily sifted" dry mixture to the creamy above mixture and blend on low speed until just combined, maybe a minute.
Next, fold in the 1 1/2 cups of milk chocolate chips with a heavy duty (wooden) spoon.
* If you are a fan of the nut, go ahead and fold in a 1/2 a cup at this point*
Next, Drop large 2 Tbsp sized scoops of cookie dough onto wax paper lined cookie sheets,
(yup, that means you'll prep and use 2 cookie sheets for this baking adventure).
(the wax paper is so you need not worry about them sticking)
PLace one cookie sheet on the top oven rack and one on the middle oven rack and bake for 6-8 minutes. At the 6-8 minute mark rotate the top rack cookie sheet to the middle rack and the middle rack cookie sheet to the top and continue baking for an additional 6-8 minutes longer.
No longer than just turning golden brown.
Unless you like a darker cookie.
Then bake 8-10 minutes each instead of 6-8.
- 2Cool on the baking sheets for no less than 10 minutes, even though they will completely taught you to sample one prematuerly, have will power. at this point in time go to the frig and slowly pour that glass of milk, then go grad a cookie while still just warm.
Enjoy, and save me one!