Norma's Pumpkin Spiced Glazed Cookies
2 1/4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tsppumpkin pie spice
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 c( 2 sticks ) margarine or butter, softened
1 c( 15 ounce can ) pure pumpkin ( use libby's )
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 c( 12 ounce package ) semi-sweet chocolate morsels ( i used nesetle' toll house )
1 cchopped walnuts ( optional )
1 cpowdered sugar
·1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon of milk
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Norma's Pumpkin Spiced Glazed Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and stir until well blended.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar and mix until creamy.
- Beat in pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a lightly greased baking sheets. ( I used a medium size ice cream scoop )
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling; make the glaze by adding all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- When cookies are cool, drizzle glaze over top of all the cookies and let set for a while.
- Place cookies in a cookie jar or container with a lid to keep them moist.