Norma's Chocolate Oat Chewies
- 1 pkg
- duncan hines moist deluxe devil's food cake mix
- 1 1/3 c
- old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 c
- flaked coconut, toasted and divided
- 1 c
- butter or margarine , melted
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- bars of milk chocolate, cut into retangles
How to Make Norma's Chocolate Oat Chewies
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Combine cake mix,oats,1/2 cup coconut, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
- 3Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended.
- 4Cover and chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- 5Place the remaining coconut on a cookie sheet and toaste in oven. Watch so they do not burn. (also can be toasted in a non-stick fry pan and watched closely)
- 6Set coconut aside to cool.
- 7Remove dough from refrigerator and shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- 8Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Place in oven and bake for 12 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked.
- 10Remove from oven and press one chocolate piece into center of each cookie.
- 11Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 coconut.
- 12Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack and cool completely.