Norma's Chocolate Oat Chewies
1 pkgduncan hines moist deluxe devil's food cake mix
1 1/3 cold-fashioned oats, uncooked
1 cflaked coconut, toasted and divided
1 cbutter or margarine , melted
1 tsppure vanilla extract
5bars of milk chocolate, cut into retangles
How to Make Norma's Chocolate Oat Chewies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine cake mix,oats,1/2 cup coconut, butter, eggs and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place the remaining coconut on a cookie sheet and toaste in oven. Watch so they do not burn. (also can be toasted in a non-stick fry pan and watched closely)
- Set coconut aside to cool.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 12 minutes or until tops are slightly cracked.
- Remove from oven and press one chocolate piece into center of each cookie.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 coconut.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on cooling rack and cool completely.