★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 cflour
1/4 ccocoa powder
1 tspchili powder
3/4 cbutter, unsalted (1 1/2 sticks) softened
2 largeegg yolks
2 Tbspcoffe liqueur such as kahalu or 2 tbls brewed coffe
1 tsppure vanilla extract
4 ozbittersweet chocolate -finely chopped, melted and cooled
1/2 cdulce de leche or very thick spreadable carmel
How to Make Noche Buena Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- preheat oven to 350
- Sift or whisk together flour,cocoa, chili powder,cinnamon salt in a bowl until combined
- combine butter,sugar in a bowl, using electric mixer or wooden spoon, beat until light and fluffy
add egg yolks,coffee liqueur or coffe and vanilla
beating well, scraping down the said after each addition.mix in the cooled chocolate
- reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients 1/2 cup at a timeand mix until combined well.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoon 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. if desire, sprinkle with ground almonds. Bake, rotating eht edges, 8 to l0 minutes. transfer with a metal spatula to rack to cool.
- continue with the remaining dough making sure to let baking sheet cool between batches.
- To fill the cookies spead 1tsp of dulce de leche on the flate side of a cookie, top with a second cookie to form a sandwich. fill remaining cookies the same way.
dust with additional cocoa power and sprinkle of sinnamon, ground almonds and/or chile powder