Nan's Lemon Bars
2call purpose flour
1/2cbutter, room temperature
1/2ccream cheese, room temperature
1/3 clemon juice
1/2call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Nan's Lemon Bars
- CRUST: flour, butter, sugar & cream cheese - Mix well; can use mixer or pastry blender for easier handling, but I use a fork. As combining the dough, scrape edges to combine well.When mixed well,gather together.
- Press dough into 9 X 13 greased pan
- Bake @ 350 degrees 15 - 20 min When crust is golden, remove from oven & pour lemon topping on it, while crust is still hot.
- While crust bakes, prepare the lemon topping. Combine eggs & lemon juice; whipping until frothy. Add dry ingedience & mix well, scraping edges as combining. When crust is golden, remove from oven & pour lemon topping over crust.
- Put back into 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. It may not look "set" completely, but will set up as it cools. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Some folks like it thick, while others prefer a slight sprinkling of powdered sugar-enjoy it YOUR way!