Blue Ribbon Recipe
I can't wait to make these again to share with friends; They have such a wonderful flavor! Crispy and sweet, a perfect bake sale selection. The Test Kitchen
- 3/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c
- brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 c
- unbleached white flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 pinch
- 1 tsp
- 1 jar(s)
- raspberry jam
How to Make Nana's Jam-Jams
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In you stand mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- 3Once creamed, add eggs. Continue to beat until smooth and very creamy.
- 4In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- 5Once combined, gradually add into the cream mixture. Mix well, then add in vanilla.
- 6Roll dough into small balls, place on prepared cookie sheet (parchment paper or non-stick mat) then flatten with the bottom of a cup coated in powdered sugar.
- 7Bake for about 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven. You want them to be a light golden brown. If you prefer a crispier cookie, bake for 13-14 minutes. Spread raspberry jam over cookies while they are still warm. Press another cookie on top. Serve them on your Nana's china, or whatever you have on hand. Nana wrote in her original recipe to hide 5 if you want any for yourself. They go quick!