My Mother's Nearly Famous Peanut Butter Cookies
3/4 cnatural peanut butter
1/2 cvegetable shortening
1 1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 Tbspnatural vanilla
1 3/4 cap flour
3/4 tspbaking soda
How to Make My Mother's Nearly Famous Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine PB, egg, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat @ medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, salt & baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture at low speed.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a coated cookie baking sheet.
- Flatten slightly in cross-cross pattern with the tines of a fork dipped into sugar.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until set and lightly browned.