My Mom's Wedding Cookies
1 cbutter, softened (i recommend butter only)
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
2 1/2 cflour
3/4 cpecans, chopped (i usually round to 1 cup)
·additional powdered sugar for rolling cookies in
How to Make My Mom's Wedding Cookies
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer. (Stand mixer just seems to work best for this recipe.
- Mix on low speed until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Form into 1 inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Press down the balls with the tines of a fork.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 12-14 minutes-just until the edges barely begin to brown. (They will seem pale and too soft, but just let them sit on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before removing to cooling rack).
- As soon as all cookies are removed from the cookie sheet, immediately roll in powdered sugar and return to cooling rack to completely cool. (I suggest having a sheet of aluminum foil or waxed paper underneath cooling rack to "catch" extra powdered sugar for easy clean-up)
- When cookies have completely cooled, roll in powdered sugar again.
- **The key to the success of these cookies is that the butter be VERY soft.(I usually leave out overnight or all day) And also, the thing that makes these cookies so delicate is the first rolling in the powdered sugar, which will soak into the cookie.