My Grandma's (Beulah Patton) Raisin Filled Cookies
- 1 1/4 c
- lard or butter
- 1 c
- 3 c
- sugar (reserve 1 c for filling)
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp
- cream of tarter
- 2 tsp
- 7 c
- plain flour (not self-rising)
- 2 Tbsp
- plain flour or 1 tbsp cornstarch – for filling
- 2 c
- raisins for filling
How to Make My Grandma's (Beulah Patton) Raisin Filled Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Make Filling:
2 cups raisins covered with 1 inch of water. Cook for 15 minutes.
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons plain flour or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Stir until thickened and remove from heat to cool.
- 3Mix ingredients for cookie dough while raisin filling is cooling.
- 4Roll out dough and cut out cookies with a biscuit cutter, a clean empty vegetable can, a jar or drinking cup (depending on how big you want your cookies). Spoon 1 tsp to 1 tbsp filling(depending on the size of your cookie)onto center of cookies and top with another cookie that has a slit cut in the center for steam to escape. Seal the cookies around the edges. Bake in 350° oven until golden brown.