My Favorite Gingersnaps
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 cvegetable shortening
1 cwhite sugar
2 csifted all-purpose flour
2 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cinnamon
1 tspground ginger
1/2 tspground cloves
1/2 tspkosher salt
·additional sugar (regular or coarse) for rolling cookies
How to Make My Favorite Gingersnaps
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the shortening and sugar on low speed; until it is completely combined.
- Add the egg and molasses and continue beating until it's all mixed in completely.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt together into a separate bowl. Then slowly add this to the creamed mixture, mixing to combine well.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch-sized balls and then roll them in the additional sugar to coat. Put the sugared balls onto the cookie sheets about 1 1/2 inches apart from one another. Flatten the balls lightly with your fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until done. Let them cool on wire racks. Enjoy!