My Easy Stained Glass Window Cookies
How to Make My Easy Stained Glass Window Cookies
- 1Preheat your oven to 325 and line baking sheets with non-stick foil.
- 2Cut dough in half; refrigerate one half.
- 3Sprinkle about one tablespoon of flour onto working surface and sprinkle additional flour over remaining half of dough.
- 4Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness, using additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- 5Cut into disired chapes with 2 1/2 inch cookie cutters.
- 6Transfter cookies to prepared baking sheets using a spatula, placing them about 2 inches apart.
- 7Cut out small shapes in cookie centers and spoon crushed candy into each center to fill holes.
- 8Using a toothpick; pierce a hole at top of shape if you plan on hanging them. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 9Place prepared cookies in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown and candy has spread out.
- 10Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets for one minute; slide foiol with cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Store tightly covered.