MY BEST...'JR.MINT' THUMBPRINT COOKIES
- 1 stick
- (1/2 c.) butter or margarine, softened & unsalted
- 2/3 c
- 1 large
- egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- flour, unsifted
- 1/3 c
- hershey's cocoa
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans (optional)
- granulated sugar
- 1 box
- 'junior mint' candies
How to Make MY BEST...'JR.MINT' THUMBPRINT COOKIES
- 1Cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, milk and vanilla.
- 2Combine flour, salt & cocoa; blend into creamed mixture.
- 3Stir in finely chopped pecans.
- 4Chill dough about an hour or until firm enough to handle.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
Roll in sugar.
- 5Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
Press thumb gently into center of each cookie.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set.
As soon as removed from oven, place a Junior Mint into 'thumbprint'
Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
Cool completely before storing.