MY BEST...'JR.MINT' THUMBPRINT COOKIES
1 stick(1/2 c.) butter or margarine, softened & unsalted
1 largeegg yolk
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cflour, unsifted
1/3 chershey's cocoa
1/2 cchopped pecans (optional)
1 box'junior mint' candies
How to Make MY BEST...'JR.MINT' THUMBPRINT COOKIES
- Cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, milk and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt & cocoa; blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in finely chopped pecans.
- Chill dough about an hour or until firm enough to handle.
Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
Roll in sugar.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
Press thumb gently into center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set.
As soon as removed from oven, place a Junior Mint into 'thumbprint'
Cool slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
Cool completely before storing.