Mum's Tendercrips Cookies
I experiment by adding craisins or other small pieces of dried fruit, but I still like the original chocolate chip version the best!
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 ctenderflake lard (substitutes do not work the same)
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cwhite sugar
2 largeeggs, beaten
1 Tbsphot water
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cchocolate chips
2 crolled oats
How to Make Mum's Tendercrips Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350F Sift flour, baking soda and salt together in a container.
- Using a WOODEN spoon, in a large bowl, cream lard and butter together. Add sugars gradually, mixing together.
- Mix in eggs, water and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients. Add oats and chocolate chips last. Mix together well, but DO NOT beat to a pulp.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on pan for a minute then remove from pan and allow to cool before you put these in a container.