Mum's Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 lb
- butter, softened
- 1/2 c
- 2 large
- 2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c
- quick oats (or old fashioned) uncooked
- 12 oz
- (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Mum's Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375° F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat until well-mixed.
- 2Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, chocolate chips or raisins; mix well.
- 3Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 to 10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12 to 13 minutes for a crisp cookie.
- 4Cool a couple of minutes on the cookie sheet; remove to a cooling pad or rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.