MRS. T's CONGO BARS ~ Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
They always disappeared fast and mom baked another pan. She always made a pan of brownies when she made these too!
I baked these for my kids too. I also baked these and sent these when it was thier turn to take treats. They were always the first treat gone. One mother asked what was in them ~ Lots of chocolate!
This recipe I have given to many mothers and kids who asked for it.
Kids love these and so do big kids. They are easy to make and taste so good!
How to Make MRS. T's CONGO BARS ~ Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Melt shortening or butter. Add brown sugar. Stir until well mixed. Allow to cool slightly. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add one egg at a time beating well after each egg.
- Add dry ingredients just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place in a greased jelly roll pan. I grease my hands to pat in down in pan. Try to pat in evenly in pat, but it does not need to be perfect.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. Watch the oven for browning. I usually bake them about 25 minutes. I like them brown!
- When almost cool, you can cut them. Enjoy!
- Some people like to sprinkle them with powdered sugar lightly, for looks!