Mrs. T's Brownies
They are the simplest, easiest and moistest brownies you will ever bake from scratch.
I won a blue ribbon with these at the county fair and everyone loves them.
~You can use cocoa is place of chocolate. It will not change the taste. I prefer using dutch processed cocoa. The flavor is so much better that regular cocoa.~
3/4 cbutter, melted (the original recipe called for oleo, you can use it if you wish)
3 ozunsweetened baking chocolate or (see note to use cocoa instead of chocolate)
1 cbrown sugar, packed
1 cwhite sugar
1 1/4 cflour
1 tspbaking powder
How to Make Mrs. T's Brownies
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a sauce pan or double boiler. Add brown sugar to chocolate. Mix.
- In a large mixing bowl add chocolate mixture. Add eggs one at a time. Beat after each egg. Beat until combined well. Add vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Sift together dry ingredients. Add to chocolate mixture until blended well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13x9 inch cake pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- ***HINT*** 3 tablespoons cocoa, plus 1 tablespoon shortening equals one square chocolate or an ounce of chocolate.