1 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
3 ozcream cheese, softened
1/4 cunsalted butter
1 tspvanilla extract
3/4 tspalmond extract
1/2 tsporange peel, grated
3 3/4 csweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 cchocolate covered coconut bar
4 ozsemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Mounds Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat sugar, cream cheese and butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, almond extract and orange peel.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups of coconut.
- Add dark chocolate and coconut and stir until combined.
- Spread 1 1/4 cups coconut on plate.
- Using 2 tablespoons dough for each cookie, roll dough into 1 1/2-inch rounds.
- Roll each round in coconut.
- Arrange rounds 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake until cookies are puffed and coconut is light golden for about 35 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to racks and cool completely.
- Stir chocolate in top of double boiler set over simmering water until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip fork into melted chocolate and drizzle lines of chocolate across tops of cookies.
- Refrigerate cookies until chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
- (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Refrigerate in airtight containers.)
- Serve cold or at room temperature.