Mom's Favorite After School Snickerdoodles...Cin
Straws Kitchen(*o *)
I just finished posting "Mom's Special Birthday Cupcakes" AND "Mom's Best Bake Sale Brownies"
NOW I will be posting "Mom's Favorite After School Snickerdoodles".
I love Kitchen Towels with recipes on them.....everytime I see one, new or old, I have to get it...=;D
The pix are of my very own kitchen towels...(By CinStraw)
1/2 cbutter, softened
1/2 cshortening (i use crisco)
1 1/2 csugar (i use either stevia, splenda or truvia)
2 tspvanilla extract
2 3/4 call-purpose flour
2 tspcream of tartar
1 tspbaking soda
ROLL BALLS OF DOUGH IN MIXTURE OF: (MORE IF NEEDED)
2 tspground cinnamon
PREHEAT OVEN TO 400°F
How to Make Mom's Favorite After School Snickerdoodles...Cin
- Cream together butter, shortening, the 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- Shape dough by rounded spoonfulls into balls.
- Mix the 2 Tbsp. sugar and the cinnamon.
Roll balls of dough in mixture.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 400°F for 8 to 10 min's.
- Remove immediately from baking sheets to cool.