Molasses Spice Pressed Cookies (1950)
Posted by a lady named : Marie Coe, Greensboro, N.C. 1950
1/2 cvegetable shortening
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1egg, well beaten
2 1/2 csifted enriched flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
How to Make Molasses Spice Pressed Cookies (1950)
- Cream shortening and the sugar. Add eggs and molasses. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and gradually add to the shortening mixture , blend thoroughly.
- Fill cookie press. Form dough on unoiled cookie sheet.
- BAKE in a moderate oven 350° for 8-10 minutes. yields: 7 dozen assorted cookies.
- For thumb prints cookies: Use 1 teaspoon of the molasses spice pressed cookie dough to form each ball. Roll in granulated sugar , Space balls 3" apart on lightly oiled cookie sheet , Sprinkle each ball with 1-2 drops of water. BAKE in a moderate oven 350° for 10-12 minutes.