How to Make Molasses Spice Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar cloves (don't forget to grind or crush the cloves if you use whole),cinnamon, egg and salt. Beat well.
- 3Put 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water in a small cup, dissolve the baking soda in it, than stir into the butter/shortening mix.
- 4Beat in the molasses, than stir in the flour until all is well combined.
- 5Drop the dough in well seperated, walnut size lumps onto greased baking sheets. (if you don't grease baking sheets you will have trouble getting cookies off)
- 6Bake for 7 - 10 minutes until cookies are just baked through and starting to brown.
- 7Cool on wire racks. Cookies will be wrinkly, soft on the inside and crisp on the edges.