★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1/3 cmolasses (i prefer dark but you can use light)
1/8 tspbaking soda
1 tspvanilla extract
7/8 cflour (sift before measuring)
How to Make Molasses Bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan
- put softened butter into medium bowl and beat until very soft
- sift powdered sugar and add gradually to butter. Beat until light and creamy
- beat in 1 egg, molasses, salt and baking soda.
- add sifted flour in 3 parts to butter mixture beating well after each addition
- stir in vanilla until well incorporated
- pour into pan and bake for 15 minutes
- cut into bars before it is completely cooled.
- roll in powdered sugar until welll coated